Saturday, June 23, 2007

Evangelist Dialogs – Day 7: Walled Gardens and the Best Cocktail in the World in Bangalore

We did three more talks today. It was mainly journalists but also some local users groups and architects. The talk that explains how to decompose Tim O’Reilly’s Web 2.0 examples into design patterns using the Mackenzie-Nickull Architectural Patterns Meta Model template seems to be very popular. There are a lot of people anxious to read the book when it comes out.

Back at the hotel, Prayank and I stopped for a drink at my hotel (the Leela Palace). I couldn’t decide what I wanted so I asked the bartender to invent a new drink. He came up with a really cool invention. When I asked him what it was, he said he just invented it and asked me my name. I told him and he proudly declared that the new drink is “The Duane”. The inventor, Mr. Ramalingham from the Library Bar at the Leela Palace, also started getting other customers ordering it who were sitting near me. If you go to Bangalore and come to the Leela Palace, ask for "The Duane".



Trust me – this guy is a genius!!! The recipe is as follows:

Grey Goose – 45 ml
Malibu – 30 ml
Pineapple Juice – 120 ml
Orange Syrup – 80 ml
Raspberry Syrup – one dash
Glass – tall glass
Garnish – Pineapple cone with cherry

IMO – this is the best cocktail in the world.

Traffic continued to be bad in Bangalore. Prayank and I just had to laugh it off as we dodged cows, a guy riding a horse, pedestrians and about 45 different types of wheeled vehicles.



Right now it is time to head to the airport to get back to Singapore, then on to Sydney. Further away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not spam this blog! Google and Yahoo DO NOT follow comment links for SEO. If you post an unrelated link advertising a company or service, you will be reported immediately for spam and your link deleted within 30 minutes. If you want to sponsor a post, please let us know by reaching out to duane dot nickull at gmail dot com.