1. Start the LiveCycle Data Services SampleDB. To do this, open a command window (Windows) or terminal (Linux/Mac OS X), navigate to the folder where you installed LiveCycle Data Services, and type startdb (Windows) or sh startdb.sh (Unix based systems).
2. Next, start the LiveCycle Data Services server. This is done by navigating to the [LiveCycle_Data_Services_install_directory]/tomcat/bin and typing catalina run (Windows) or sh Catalina.sh run (Unix based systems).
3. Set up a new project in Flash Builder and use the following settings:
Web Application (Checked)
Use the Current SDK (FLex 4.0) (Checked)
Application Server Type (J2EE)
Then use the settings below:
4. In the next dialog, specify the settings as shown below (default LiveCycle Data Service install) or modify as appropriate for your install. Click “Validate Configuration” to ensure your settings are correct before continuing.
5. Switch to Design view and click “Edit Active Data Model”
6. If the RDS tab is not enabled choose Window > Other Views > Adobe Data Model > RDS Dataview, as shown:
7. Drag public Product into the main panel.
8. This creates a new Fiber data model
9. IMPORTANT – Save the file!
14. Note that no code has been written yet
15. Close the running application
16. Right-click on the Product data model and select “Generate form”
18. Re-arrange the design view and run it again.
20. Run it again and see that you have now the selected item bound to the form.