Sunday, June 28, 2009

Flash for Mobile Rocks! HTC Hero is the Future!

As reported by the SFGate: "The HTC Hero opens up a whole world of multimedia content with support for Flash 9, intensifying the spotlight on Apple's lack of cooperation with Adobe in bringing Flash to the iPhone."

If I had to hedge my bet on a long term winner for the mobile space, I place my bet on Android. Sorry Apple - you are just pissing off too many developers. Many of the developers in the real world work their behinds off to make awesome apps then they get blacklisted with no explanation. Apple tries to kill open source frameworks like PhoneGap while Android embraces them.

Android now not only challenges iPhone, but blows it away. The newest HTC phone has Flash 9 capability with Flash 10 coming later this year. People can now experience Web content and applications that cannot run on the iPhone. Flash developers can make use of their talent for the Android Mobile O/S. Keeping in mind that about 80 percent of all videos online use Adobe
Flash.

When I get back to Canada I am going to ditch my 3G and get the HTC Hero.

6 comments:

  1. "If I had to hedge my bet on a long term winner for the mobile space, I place my bet on Android."

    I'd like to think so, but unless the HTC has the same sort of marketing budget as the iPhone (extremely unlikely), the consumer is going to stick with the iPhone IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to remember that HTC won't be doing the marketing - its the carrier.

    I too will be ditching my iPhone for the "TMobile G1 Touch" as it has been renamed for North America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, so now people can see all those flying crap Flash banners and be attacked by auto starting video and audio commercials on their mobile as well. How sweet. Thanks, I'll stay with an iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tink:
    HTC isn't the only Android phone. There are going to be a bunch of phones from different manufacturers including Ericsson, Samsung, Acer, Lenovo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. precisely why I bet my money on Android! Lots of phones with features suited to individuals tastes.

    WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that information. It will be a great help for those Flash Designer programmer to continue their programming skills trough and with the use of this tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Do not spam this blog! Google and Yahoo DO NOT follow comment links for SEO. If you post an unrelated link advertising a company or service, you will be reported immediately for spam and your link deleted within 30 minutes. If you want to sponsor a post, please let us know by reaching out to duane dot nickull at gmail dot com.