Thursday, January 18, 2007

Flash Player 9 for Linux and Open Source

The Flash Player 9 for Linux was released yesterday via the Adobe website and can be freely downloaded. I want to thank all of you who took time to write me personally about this for having faith and letting us get the job done we needed to do. The Linux community is very important to Adobe.

I also want to encourage Linux community members to also participate in the open source Flash Player scripting engine project at Mozilla. The Tamarin project will implement the final version of the ECMAScript Edition 4 standard language, which Mozilla will use within the next generation of SpiderMonkey, the core JavaScript engine embedded in Firefox®, Mozilla’s free Web browser. As of today, developers working on SpiderMonkey will have access to the Tamarin code in the Mozilla CVS repository via the project page located at www.mozilla.org/projects/tamarin/ . Contributions to the code will be managed by a governing body of developers from both Adobe and Mozilla.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say thank you. I've been using it since it was in beta. My wife is ever so happy that she can see the same websites her friends can now. It used to amaze me how many of my friends tried Linux but went back when they couldn't get flash working (btw if you get 64bit working on Linux I'll be able to convert everyone I know). Now I've been able to (re)convert a few frinds and so far no problems.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Do not spam this blog! Google and Yahoo DO NOT follow comment links for SEO. If you post an unrelated link advertising a company or service, you will be reported immediately for spam and your link deleted within 30 minutes. If you want to sponsor a post, please let us know by reaching out to duane dot nickull at gmail dot com.