Friday, May 21, 2010
Read the rest here
Thursday, May 20, 2010
By joining this Public Prerelease program, you will have access to a beta version of the AIR SDK with support for Android. Before signing up for this program, there are currently limitations that you should be aware of:
- In this early stage of development, you should be comfortable with using command line tools.
- Flash Professional CS5 now has a new extension that allows developers to publish directly to Android-powered devices. The extension adds a new AIR for Android publish setting that works in the shipping and 30-trial versions of Flash Professional CS5.
- The Flex 4 framework has not yet been optimized for mobile devices; for this prerelease, we recommend building applications using ActionScript only. We're currently working on creating a highly productive, cross-platform solution for mobile development using Flash Builder and Flex, which we expect to be available in public preview by the end of this year.
- You will be able to build and test AIR applications on Android devices, but you will not be able to deploy on the Android Market or share them with end users
- You will be subject to terms of an NDA which allows you to display your application publicly, but you will not be permitted to disclose anything outside of Licensee’s own personal development experiences of a beta Android application(s) using this beta AIR SDK.
If you are interested in joining our Prerelease program, just go here:
I'm going there now!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
In parallel, Adobe is now offering a new Dreamweaver CS5 HTML5 Extension. This pack brings enhanced capabilities for HTML5 and CSS3 to web designers and developers using Dreamweaver CS5. The update and more information is now available on Adobe at http://bit.ly/DWHTML5.
HTML5 is going to be huge for everyone!